Monday, April 23, 2007

There first cricket season


So with there first cricket season behind them, what was the verdict ..... well bloody hopeless to be honest. But it's not about winning it's all about having some fun. And the kiddies (Jack and Sarah that is) had a ball and can't wait till next season.
Most of the year they did training, how to bat how to bowl and of cause how to field. Well if I had to give them points out of ten, both would get four out of ten for batting, 4 out of 10 for bowling and 3 out of 10 for fielding (about the same for the old man). And trust me I'm being kind mate.







In this photo Sarah is modeling their cricket uniform. Not a bad set up actually $20 paid for the hat, T-shirt, a bat and a ball, and for the whole season of cricket.
Now the next thing I have to teach them is to sing the Ozzie anthem.....

'Under the southern cross I stand
a sprig of wattle in my hand,
A native of my native land
Australia you Bloody beauty'

Here's the little fella just doing what he doe's best.... being a scallywag. He's got at least a couple of years before he get's to give it a go but nothings gonna stop him trying.

No comments: